Home » Aha Moment, caricature, Sundar's Favourites

Aha Moment of the Week – 6: Suraj & Sundar at IIMB Convocation

30 March 2010 15 Comments

Hi Friends,

After my convocation.. I put a night out drawing the caricature of Suraj & Me.. This is the first time I am drawing the caricature of non-celebrities.. πŸ™‚ So I would appreciate your comments & feedback..

Suraj is my best friend here in IIM Bangalore.. We had adjacent roll numbers so we sat next to each other right from day 1 πŸ™‚ We did a lot work together.. We were business partners in our failed venture (which we are still proud of :P).. We TRIED our hands at managing money.. (Not successfuly.. but wasnt very unsuccessful either).. We did a couple of contemporary concern studies.. All these are the geeky aspects of it.. πŸ˜› We watched movies.. had lots of dinner.. CRIBBED a lot.. laughed a lot πŸ™‚ cried too.. (I made him cry by bugging him so much :P)

I would leave it here.. for certain things in life.. words are not enough..

But there is new art called caricature πŸ˜› and here is my attempt to draw the two of us.. For those of you who dont knw holla.. first there is the pic of two of us and then there is my caricature πŸ™‚

From IIM Bangalore Convocation
From The Aha Moment of the Week

Holla, be the way you are.. and all the best in life..

Comments

comments

• Vatsala said:

super caricature

i feel this is the best of all the ones that you have done so far!!

And Congrats to you and Holla on your convocation. Wish you both all the success in life πŸ™‚

• Payal said:

Awesome, truly! Ur best friend is really lucky Sundar πŸ™‚

Congrats and Gud luck! πŸ™‚

• Nisha Subramanian said:

Enne failed venture?
    Caricature is super!Its got pulse πŸ™‚

• Mahesh said:

I already told you – your work seems like a seasoned expert cartoonist ! and u will do great things !

• Prasanna said:

hey Ambi, super…..you seem to have graduated from cartoon school as well. this is very good…

• Prakhar said:

nice pic!!

• Holla said:

@Sundar: All the best to you too! and you too be the way you are…maybe a little slimmer, a little wiser, a few fixes here and there… πŸ˜€
    On a serious note, hats off!

@Vatsala: Thanks!
    @Payal: Let me pretend to agree, this is his blog after all πŸ˜›

• Sundar Rajan G S (author) said:

@Vatsala: Thanks vatsala.. πŸ™‚

@Payal: I agree.. (Modesty! :P)

@Nizz: Thanks a lot nisha.. glad you took 2 mins from your busy schedule and saw the caricature πŸ™‚

@Mahesh: ha ha.. long way to go to be an expert.. lots to practise & improve.

@Prasanna: Athimber.. thank you.. πŸ™‚ Innum nereya pannanum

@Prakhar: Thanks πŸ™‚

@Holla: First of all .. life-alli become serious πŸ˜› And I appreciate the one line in between where u mentioned “Hats Off!” πŸ™‚ Thanks πŸ™‚ Hearing words of appreciation from a “Dead Wood” like you is indeed a proud moment πŸ˜›
    On a serious note.. glad you liked it πŸ™‚

• LS said:

Hey machi. can see wonderful progress in term of shading and the patience you must have had to draw this. And funny too.. showing the victroy sign πŸ™‚
    !!

• Sundar Rajan G S (author) said:

@Lewin: Thanks a lot πŸ™‚ Yes, I tried shading it this time.. differently.. Victory sign was for fun πŸ™‚ ya.. πŸ™‚ thanks for the comment machi πŸ™‚

• Swe said:

wohooo.. thats the best i ve seen holla looking!! πŸ˜›

• Sundar Rajan G S (author) said:

@Swetha: ha ha ha.. I dont knw if it is a compliment to holla or to my cartoon πŸ˜›

• YouKnowWho said:

Although I usually don’t like all this emotional stuff, I seriously fell for this one. It is a picture perfect ending of your gay love life at IIMB.

• Sundar Rajan G S (author) said:

@YouKnowWho Sadanand Subray Kamath πŸ™‚

Thanks πŸ™‚ I am glad u loved this pic..

And dont worry about my gay love life πŸ˜› It will continue even after we leave iimb πŸ™‚

• Holla said:

@Swe: I am currently out of comeback lines. But I will get back!

@Saddy: it is evident that you are jealous πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€