Home » Uncategorized

Are you settled in life?

11 January 2008 13 Comments

When I was studying in 10th standard, my parents told me – “10th is the important
turning point of life, study well and life settled!”. I did exactly that.

When I was studying in 12th standard, my parents & relatives told me – “12th is
the most important turning point of life, study well and life settled!”. I did
exactly that.

Here is what people say….

“You are settled in life if you do well in CET”

“You are settled in life if you study well in REC Trichy”

“You are settled in life if you get placed in a good company”

“You got into Google, life settled man!”

“You have a girlfriend, life settled!”

“Crack CAT, life settled!”

When you look back, you realize that life never gets settled! Life is a battle
field and it settles only when you die! There will be newer and newer challenges
in life. At every point, your parents, friends and relatives will emphasize
that “if you do X, life settled!”…

But why do they do that? Dont they know that life is full of challenges?
They do that only for one reason – They just want to remind you that “X” is very
important and should be high priority in your life!

Although I knw that life will never settles, for the moment,

“Convert calls, Life settled! :-)”

What do you say? Are you “settled in life”? Or What are you doing to “settle in life”?

ps: I use the term “Life settled!” in a figurative way, not it in its literal sense.

You will find these in my blog: Coffee, Fun, Carnatic Music, Mridangam, Google, Random thoughts, Business ideas, Start ups, Videos, Blogposts, Cricket, India, Philosophy, Real life Experience.. The list goes on…..

Comments

comments

• Manas said:

Lol! I had exactly the same thoughts. Read this : http://manasg.com/2007/06/27/donkey-and-the-carrot/

• Anonymous said:

what an absolute idiot!
    u have been a sucker all ur life. all you ever had aims of is settling in life!? do u do things for that purpose. hmm n u openly admit it.. m glad for that atleast!

• Sundar Rajan G S said:

hi anonymous,

thanks for the comment! It took me aback! When I re-read my post, I realize that you didnt understand what I meant!

I am using with term “settling in life” which all to accomplish your goal and not the literal meaning of it!

People use it a lot!

Also, I dont think “Settling in life” is an embarassing thing to do! Its perfectly ok to do things to “Settle in life”. Here I use the word in its literary meaning not the implied meaning.

• Sundar Rajan G S said:

infact, i knw a person in bhel (trichy).

his only goal in life was to settle down! and he did! I am really proud of him!

Its certainly not embarasssing

• payal said:

get married dude!
    and your “settled” foreva!!! πŸ™‚

• Shark said:

Very true.. But our parents were also right because if you hadn’t done well in CET, you wouldn’t have reached your end goal. And anyways what’s the fun if your life is settled πŸ™‚

• Sundar Rajan G S said:

@ shark,

thanks for the comment!

yeah.. i agree with you… no fun if life is settled πŸ™‚

• balaji said:

dei bandar.
    i used to be a simple minded person, who wouldnt give a thought on anything… but after reading ur posts, am now thinking twice on anything (maybe i should think twice before i start read ur posts..)…
    too much emotion and philosophy da, thaangamudila…

-balaji

• Neem said:

Hello,
    Congrats on your admit calls.
    Nice posts in your blog.
    Hope to see you in IIMB.

• Sundar Rajan G S said:

@ balaji – I am happy that my blog is making you think.. but dont think twice before visiting me πŸ™‚

@neem – thanks, hope to see u thr πŸ™‚

• Spectator said:

u r still busy in settling down buddy πŸ˜‰

• Sundar Rajan G S said:

@ spectator,

thats true.. thats exactly what i meant in the whole post πŸ™‚

• electra said:

Well- according to me the only things that settles down is dust. So infact I love to live my life not settle down with anything..anywhere – there are so many things in life I want to do..But hey who doesnt stop and look for a rainbow..Other than those moments in life where you take a breather and freshen up..there is no settlement indeed.