Home » Uncategorized

Chrome! Impressive but wont move out of firefox yet!

3 September 2008 8 Comments

Hey all..

This is my first blog post from chrome browser.. The video explains all the key features of chrome..

Have a look at it..

I wont be moving to chrome till I find a substitute for twitterfox & scribefire.

Incognito mode & task manager are really really cool..

Comments

comments

• Diya said:

Chrome won’t chuck out FF.
    For me,
    Chrome hung up often and is similar to FF wrt to speed.

FF will rule. IE suxs.

• sp2hari said:

I don’t think any sane person will use chrome if he/she reads this in “Google Chrome Terms of Service” before we check the “I agree” checkbox.

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

Does this mean google can save and publish the cache pages of my office’s internal sites?? If yes, it does give too much power to Google.

The moment I read this, I uninstalled it. πŸ™‚

• Spectator said:

Google has played a lot with privacy since the very first day. Google Chrome doesn’t let you turn of the history feature and that’s a nice indication that your browsing interests are fed to Google. Don’t panic if you parents are launching a new window on your PC from your account and Google will pop up all nasty ads similar to your interest πŸ˜‰

• Nitin Isloorkar said:

Try this on the Chrome omnibar:

sundar:%

• Sankara Rameswaran said:

Chrome looks good and impressive. But remember that it’s going to compete with Firefox head on and not with IE as people predict. The reasoning is simple. Most people use IE because they are used to it (not that they like it). But people use Firefox out of choice. They always have the freedom to move. Given the fact that chrome is much much much more lightweight than firefox and provides a better user experience will inspire people to start using it. Addons are a big deal for most people. I use Greasemonkey, Firebug, weathercast, s3fox..etc but can definitely live without it if my browser just starts when I want it and stay shut when I don’t want it.
    Many thanks to Google for bringing the browser war again. Have you checked IE8 Beta 2? It’s definitely inspired by Google (and firefox too). There is this InPrivacy mode, process per tab and (finally) inline search too.

And Sundar, you keep crashing my Chrome πŸ™‚
    (sundar:%)

• Barney Hunt said:

r6iw2kr6ix7xaezi

• Arun Kanagasabapathy said:

So now you finally changed to chrome! πŸ™‚
    Chrome FTW